An international investment company that manages the investment capital which makes the real estate acquisition lease (REAL) program be real for everyone. In support of the REAL Program, theirs U.S. real estate investment trust (REIT) is in the process of aggregating up to US$5 Billion of properties and acquisition leases.
The US based client delivers a robust capability to design, develop and deploy innovative and responsible non-bank products that link the needs of consumers with investor capital. Led by a team of seasoned professionals with hands on industry experience and tactical expertise, our client focuses on precision execution through disciplined business practices, providing an exceptional customer-facing experience and a comprehensive platform to mobilize investor capital. The company has a product which is a client facing applications that is being used for applying and processing of mortgage loan requests. There are about 100 features that they plan to implement along with introducing more efficient software development cycle using Agile environment.
The Business Information Analyst focuses on delivering Business Intelligence (BI) solutions for our internal and external customers. These BI solutions support credit and financial analytics, regulatory reporting initiatives, solutions for marketing, customer acquisition and customer management.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyze disparate data assets and synthesize solutions to aggregate data into a manageable solution;
- Work and negotiate with key business stakeholders to define the data dictionary and source of truth;
- Collaborate with the Data Architect in delivering a scalable data solution for a quickly growing business;
- Analyze and map system data into integrated data marts to meet reporting and analytical business needs;
- Extensive data profiling on the existing source and integrated data to ensure thorough understanding of the business needs and the current platforms;
- Test and validate data attributes based both on source data and results from other systems to assure the data accurately reflects the source system and business needs;
- Explain the data to report writers and communicate the scope and impact of changes;
- Take ownership of the SDLC process and manage work quality and quantity through frequent releases, closely coordinating with the data architect, product managers, and other information analysts;
- Create and maintain clear, detailed, and accurate metadata documentation and knowledge transfer material;
- Work to develop data governance and solutions including consulting as needed on Data Warehouse / Business Intelligence / Analytics architecture best practices;
- Create statistical models that depict company-wide trends;
- Document structures and types of business data;
- Determine the meaning of data and explain how various teams and leaders can leverage it to improve and streamline their processes.
- Proficient at writing SQL statements to extract data from a relational database;
- Understanding of relational and dimensional data models and structures;
- Knowledge of statistics techniques (regressions, tree-based, etc.);
- Experience using statistical packages for analyzing datasets (Python, R, etc.);
- 2+ years working in a data warehouse/business intelligence environment or related field;
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration or other related areas of study or equivalent experience;
- Strong systems analysis background;
- Strong analytical, organizational and problem-solving skills;
- Strong presentation and communication skills, both verbal and written;
- Ability to function in a consultative role and manage a project;
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work with both management and staff employees;
- Must be able to meet deadlines and work independently.
- Experience in banking, real estate or financial services;
- Experience with dashboard/data visualization tools;
- Experience working with agile project management methodologies.