Smava is one of the biggest fintech employers and has received several awards, including the prize for Top Employer 2020 and for being one of the 50 most promising start-ups in Europe. Become part of the smava story now and let us grow together! We are smava – the online credit comparison. We make loans transparent, fair and affordable!
We are part of the client's team. Together we are working closely to drive further market innovations and help to stay the market leader.
We are looking for a talented open-minded DevOps who will bring his/her experience, intelligence, and inspiration to support our Platform and Production Engineering Team.
As an engineer you:
- Are able to work in an autonomous Agile team;
- Work and act independently on tasks, committing until the end;
- Embrace knowledge sharing and push for it;
- Love to share constructive feedback and be ready to accept them;
- Ensure that the platform runs smoothly;
- Are a challenger, not an executor;
- Have no fear about working on legacy and make it better;
- Ensure that your productivity balances the quality of your solutions;
- Stay up to date with new technologies and how they can apply to smava.
And your responsibilities:
- Advice and implement effective monitoring of common or shared services such as messaging queues, databases, and web servers;
- Improve the understanding of container technologies across teams in Smava;
- Brainstorm with teams to automate their continuous integration & deployments of both code and infrastructure tasks;
- Discuss and align our changes that will have a wider impact with other teams;
- Develop blueprints for deployments, based on new technological advances or changing needs of teams;
- Evaluate architectural decisions based on the blueprints developed by the team;
- Be a part of the effort to get teams to a state of “you build it, you run it”;
- Help with AWS migration, sharing your knowledge and best practices.
- Automation Tools (Ansible, Terraform, Helm);
- Python, Node.js, Java Spring Boot, Groovy, Go;
- Docker swarm & Docker;
- Nginx, apache2;
- Kafka, RabbitMQ;
- Monitoring Tools (Splunk, Grafana, Prometheus, OpsGenie, Dynatrace);
- PostgreSQL, Redis;
- Bitbucket, Jira and Confluence;
- Public Cloud AWS.
- At 3+ years of experience as a DevOps or full-time SRE;
- Good communication skill in English (written and verbal, B2+).
Hands-on experience with:
- Docker and Kubernetes;
- Ansible and Terraform;
- Experience with CI\CD practices and tools;
- Cloud technologies & Microservices architecture;
- Production observability \ monitoring: Grafana, Prometheus, Alertmanager.
- Experience with(one of): Python, Groovy, Node.js, Bash, Go;
- Incident management experience;
- Experience with Jenkins;
- Being familiar with Spring-cloud / Spring-boot;
- Multi-cloud environment experience;
- Experience working with service mesh - Istio.