Our client is a company that enables people, enterprises, and cities to harness the power of location. By making sense of the world through the lens of location, it empowers its customers to achieve better outcomes from helping a city manage its infrastructure or an enterprise optimize its assets to delivering drivers to their destination safely.
We are working on the Platform which provides the next generation of location based services intelligence. With every connected IoT device or sensor capable of generating and sharing location data, the Platform helps to make better use of that data and transform it into useful services for people and organizations all in real-time. The Platform is meant to become the go-to destination for location services, supporting not only autonomous vehicles but smart cities and intelligent transportation systems too.
You will get an opportunity to learn Scala or improve your existing skills of Scala, Spark and Flink, to further join one of our teams and develop mission-critical components within Platform's Core Services which provide the foundation for running complex data pipelines at scale through data management, processing, and distribution services and APIs. Data management services include data discovery, ingestion, streaming of vehicle sensor data, extraction, storage and archiving, publishing, schema, and pipeline management.
As a team member you will:
- Work closely with product owners and principal engineers to implement, test and continually improve scalable Java applications and services;
- Take accountability for implementation and quality of software products as well as time and complexity estimation of own technical tasks;
- Develop software products using Agile methods, tools, and continuous delivery process;
- Participate in design reviews, code reviews, and product demos;
- Collaborate with other engineering teams to resolve dependencies and deliver high-quality software on time;
- Participate in design reviews, code reviews of your work and the work of your peer engineers;
- Support production issues both directly and indirectly with customers.
- 2+ years of experience in software engineering with Java and adjacent open source technologies;
- Proficiency in Java 8-11 (Spring) and have the intent to develop yourself in Scala;
- Experience configuring or troubleshooting Linux/UNIX-like operating systems;
- Good understanding of basic software design approaches and architectural patterns;
- Experience working with CI/CD environments, understanding of Docker concepts;
- Upper-intermediate level of written and spoken English, ability to articulate and communicate clearly complex topics.
Nice to have:
- Experience with Amazon Web Services, Splunk, Kubernetes, Docker, Helm;
iPass, Grafana, Prometheus, NGNIX.
- Bachelor's Degree/Master's Degree.