Our client is a company that enables people, enterprises, and cities to harness the power of location. By making sense of the world through the lens of location, it empowers their customers to achieve better outcomes from helping a city manage its infrastructure or an enterprise optimize its assets to delivering drivers to their destination safely.
We are working on the Platform which provides the next generation of location based services intelligence. With every connected IoT device or sensor capable of generating and sharing location data, the Platform helps to make better use of that data and transform it into useful services for people and organizations all in real-time. The Platform is meant to become the go-to destination for location services, supporting not only autonomous vehicles but smart cities and intelligent transportation systems too.
Why we rock?
- Data-centric development. We build mission-critical reusable components that run complex data pipelines at scale through data management, processing and distribution services and APIs;
- Visualized location intelligence. The maps rendering service we are working on is one of the key Platform's client-facing features which helps businesses to make sense of location data by empowering 2D and 3D rendering capabilities of modern web browsers;
- The way of working. Fresh setup, minimum to none legacy processes and technologies, a good chance to start over with a clean slate;
- Best practices. Platform possesses strong background in continuous delivery approaches, automated testing, and employs the best DevOps practices to ensure the Platforms reliability at scale;
- Self-fulfillment. Stand at the roots of the Platform that will redefine how society thinks about location data and boost your professional value by mastering edge data management techniques.
As a team member you will:
- Coordinate with product owners, designers and developers to translate requirements and wireframes into acceptance criteria, test cases and test plans;
- Help define quality process with other quality engineers;
- Help innovate our team’s CI/CD infrastructure;
- Help plan and document releases;
- Plan, execute (manual and automated) and report on integration, system and performance tests;
- Help drive the adoption of TDD practices among the development team;
- Collaborate with other engineering and testing teams across the company;
- Contribute to product support & troubleshooting.
- 3+ years of experience in quality assurance or test automation;
- 2+ years of testing business intelligence or data reporting tools;
- Experience with SQL and relational databases like PostgreSQL;
- Experience writing automated and manual test plans and test cases;
- Behavior Driven Development experience;
- Excellent knowledge of QA processes and testing fundamentals;
- Performance testing experience;
- Experience with CI/CD systems;
- A strong work ethic and sense of accountability;
- Calm, logical troubleshooting skills;
- Effective communication skills and ability to clearly articulate technical issues;
- Affinity for working on an agile team;
- Upper-intermediate level of English, well-developed communication skills;
- Higher Education: Bachelor’s Degree/Master’s Degree.
Nice to have:
- Experience with Serenity, JMeter, Selenium and automated test runners;
- Experience with test case management tools (e.g. JIRA Zephyr);
- Experience with cross-browser testing;
- Experience working with remote teams;
- Experience with web application/service profiling and performances tools;
- Experience with Unix/Linux OS’s and shell scripting;
- Experience with AWS or other cloud computing environments;
- Experience working in a DevOps environment.