About the client:
The Client is a large multi-national financial services group with a presence in 12 countries across the African continent and offices in the United Kingdom and the United States.
The client has been on its cloud journey for several years, so the majority of the operational tasks and use cases have been solved:
- AWS (broad coverage of platform, > 80% service coverage);
- Terraform scripts available;
- Primarily focus on cloud-native event-based and microservices architectures;
- CI/CD and data platforms leverage AWS native services and custom-built code (Python and Node.js).
The client admires AWS certifications, so if you don't have one, but want to - there will be a chance to pass the way from Cloud Practitioner to Solution Architect.
About the project:
The team primarily focuses on enabling the use of cloud technology within the bank, i.e. using the latest AWS services and the patterns for general deployment, providing the necessary guidelines, process and governance for their consumption, etc. For example, the team is currently making the simplified platform use of Infrastructure as Code and its deployment/adoption across the organization.
- This project is crucial to the ongoing acceleration of cloud adoption with one of South Africa’s largest banks, with a key delivery of enabling the bank to create more impact for its customers;
- The team will be in the innovation stream, delivering against the bank’s specialist roadmap for cloud usage. There may be some support elements for newer services rolled out to ensure the correct implementation with application teams;
- Automation of the entire delivery chain is required;
- You will work with AWS certified team of 25+ engineers which use Agile methodology in day-to-day work.
- Senior AWS Cloud Engineer (3+ years working with AWS);
- Experience with the serverless approaches using AWS Lambda;
- In-depth knowledge of AWS IAM and Networking;
- Ansible and Terraform experience as a requirement;
- Experience with CI\CD practices and tools;
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes;
- Experience with RDBMS (e.g SQL Server/MySQL);
- Good understanding of Cloud technologies & Microservices architecture;
- Good source control knowledge (Git, Gerrit);
- Any of these certifications would be beneficial: AWS Cloud Practitioner, AWS DevOps, AWS Solution Architect;
- A software development background would be beneficial (Python/Node.js);
- Self-learning capabilities;
- Good communication skills.