An international investment company that manages the investment capital which makes the real estate acquisition lease (REAL) program be real for everyone. In support of the REAL Program, theirs U.S. real estate investment trust (REIT) is in the process of aggregating up to US$5 Billion of properties and acquisition leases.
The US based client delivers a robust capability to design, develop and deploy innovative and responsible non-bank products that link the needs of consumers with investor capital. Led by a team of seasoned professionals with hands on industry experience and tactical expertise, our client focuses on precision execution through disciplined business practices, providing an exceptional customer-facing experience and a comprehensive platform to mobilize investor capital. The company has a product which is a client facing applications that is being used for applying and processing of mortgage loan requests. There are about 100 features that they plan to implement along with introducing more efficient software development cycle using Agile environment.
The AWS Cloud/DevOps Engineer will work with the engineering team and focus on AWS infrastructure, automation, and CI/CD. A key part of the role is championing and leading infrastructure as code. The Engineer will work closely with the SVP of Technology to manage and automate our AWS infrastructure.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Design cloud infrastructure that is secure, scalable, and highly available on AWS;
- Work collaboratively with software engineering to define infrastructure and deployment requirements;
- Provision, configure and maintain AWS cloud infrastructure defined as code;
- Ensure configuration and compliance with configuration management tools;
- Build and maintain operational tools for deployment, monitoring, and analysis of AWS infrastructure and systems;
- Perform infrastructure cost analysis and optimization;
- Prioritize and implement serverless solutions;
- Maintain AWS environment (dev, beta, staging, production);
- Work with engineering and QA to establish a low-friction development process to produce high quality releases with minimal human intervention.
- At least 3-5 years of experience building and maintaining AWS infrastructure (VPC, EC2, Security Groups, IAM, ECS, CodeDeploy, CloudFront, S3, WebPack 5);
- Strong understanding of how to secure AWS environments and meet compliance requirements;
- Hands-on experience deploying and managing infrastructure with Terraform;
- Solid foundation of networking and Linux administration;
- Experience with Docker, GitHub, Jenkins and deploying applications on AWS;
- Ability to learn/use a wide variety of open source technologies and tools;
- Ability to contribute effectively as a member of a team and work cohesively as a part of a team;
- Possess a strong attention to detail and accuracy;
- Ability to effectively prioritize duties and efficiently complete responsibilities;
- Demonstrated time-management skills to complete assignments while meeting critical deadlines;
- Strong bias for action and ownership.