As the most student-centric university in the world, Client goes beyond convention to identify, develop, and implement programs, systems, and technologies that pave the path to opportunity for all.
Higher education is the surest pathway to a better life for individuals and their families. Access to high-quality education is key to helping people make the most of their potential and thrive. It is this conviction that drives what we do at Client. It's why we commit to being the world's most student-centric university—and why we aren't afraid to go beyond convention to make the promise of higher education deliver for everyone. It's why we're called the University of You—because we know that your success is what really matters.
We are looking for a Senior Python Developer (Django) to build functional and efficient server-side solution for E-learning. Senior Python Developer responsibilities include participating in all phases of the software development lifecycle. If you're a seasoned developer with a love for back-end technologies, we'd like to meet you.
Your ultimate goal is to create high-quality products that meet customer needs.
- Writing reusable, testable, and efficient code;
- Design and implementation of low-latency, high-availability, and performant applications;
- Implementation of security and data protection;
- Integration of data storage solutions may include databases, key-value stores, S3 stores, etc.;
- Build efficient back-end features in Python;
- Integrate front-end components into applications;
- Prepare technical documentation;
- Implement software enhancements and suggest improvements.
- Expert in Python, with knowledge of Python web framework - Django;
- Able to integrate multiple data sources and databases into one system;
- Good understanding of server-side templating;
- Understanding of accessibility and security compliance;
- Knowledge of user authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments;
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application;
- Understanding of the differences between multiple delivery platforms, such as mobile vs desktop, and optimizing output to match the specific platform;
- Able to create database schemas that represent and support business processes;
- Strong unit test and debugging skills;
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git, Mercurial or SVN;
- Experience with Python frameworks (e.g. Django, Flask, Bottle);
- Familiarity with microservice architecture;
- Familiarity with Amazon Web Services (AWS) and REST API;
- Understanding of databases and SQL;
- Minimum 4-5 years experience in Python development.
Nice to have:
- Familiarity with The Open edX platform https://open.edx.org/about-open-edx/.
Higher Education: Bachelor's Degree.