HERE Technologies enables people, enterprises, and cities to harness the power of location. By making sense of the world through the lens of location, it empowers their customers to achieve better outcomes from helping a city manage its infrastructure or an enterprise optimize its assets to delivering drivers to their destination safely.
Why we rock?
- Data-centric development. We build reusable components that run complex data pipelines at scale through data management, processing, and distribution services and APIs;
- Visualized location intelligence. The maps rendering service we are working on is one of the key Platform's client-facing features which helps businesses to make sense of location data by empowering the 2D and 3D rendering capabilities of modern web browsers;
- The way of working. Fresh setup, minimum to none legacy processes and technologies, a good chance to start over with a clean slate;
- Best practices. The platform possesses a strong background in continuous delivery approaches, automated testing, and employs the best DevOps practices to ensure the Platform's reliability at scale;
- Self-fulfillment. Stand at the roots of the Platform that will redefine how society thinks about location data and boost your professional value by mastering edge data management techniques.
Our team is working on the Open Location Platform (OLP) which provides the next generation of location-based services intelligence. With every connected IoT device or sensor capable of generating and sharing location data, the Platform helps to make better use of that data and transform it into useful services for people and organizations all in real-time. The Platform is meant to become the go-to destination for location services, supporting not only autonomous vehicles but smart cities and intelligent transportation systems too.
We are looking for a strong DevOps Engineer to join the high-profile SRE team which works on the development of the new Delivery Platform (DP) for HERE. OLP Delivery Platform is the Kubernetes-based delivery platform that is used to deploy services in OLP.
- Stabilize and improve production-grade services;
- Cluster updates: new software update or bug fixes, build automation around software deployment;
- New cluster creation: build automation around cluster creation, based on multi-region needs for new cluster creation;
- Support Delivery Platform users: respond to queries, provide guidance, fix issues;
- NOC on-call support: provide timely resolution of customers' issues and quickly react to incidents;
- Technical guidance: provide technical guidance to Service teams to on-board to DP technical topics include AWS, Kubernetes clusters, Docker, Event Management, Workflow, etc.;
- Defects triaging and resolution;
- Write documentation to technical solutions and incident post-mortem (lessons learned).
- 3+ years of experience as a Site Reliability Engineer or DevOps Engineer with production-grade systems;
- Good understanding of TCP/IP networking;
- Working proficiency in configuring Linux-based operating systems;
- Experience with AWS or similar cloud platform;
- Experience with OSS tools stack for configuration management, delivery, and ops: Docker, Kubernetes, Prometheus, Terraform, Puppet, Git;
- Upper-intermediate level of English, or higher;
Nice to have:
- Experience with one or more of the following: Consul, Go language, Prometheus, Grafana, Fluentd;
- Hands-on programming in Python, the experience of commercial software development with it.
Higher Education: Bachelor’s or Master's Degree in Computer Science or related fields.